John Rogers Kindergarten Summer Letter
Summary: This letter will be sent to all incoming Kindergarten families regarding Jump Start, summer playdates, and beginning of the year information.
Dear Kindergarten Families,
Welcome to John Rogers! We are looking forward to a fun-filled year and we can’t wait to meet you! We are proud to be a diverse neighborhood school and are excited for you to join our community. In this letter we have included some helpful information to prepare your child for a successful start to kindergarten.
Jump Start Details
During Jump Start, students will meet the teachers, make new friends, do fun activities, and tour the school. Please note that NO transportation will be provided. ORCA cards are available upon request. Please send a lunch with your child each day (school lunch is not available).
• Date: Monday – Friday August 15th – 19th
• Time: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
• Location: John Rogers Elementary
• Cost: FREE
• RSVP: Please fill out both sides of the enclosed form and return it to John Rogers via mail (4030 NE 109th
Street, Seattle 98125), or email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the school office between 8:30 am and 1:00 pm during the month of July.
Jump Start Family Picnic
We invite all K families to join us on the last day of Jump Start. Bring your own lunch to eat outside and meet other families and students.
• Date: Friday August 19th
• Time: 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
• Location: John Rogers Playground
Kindergarten Summer Playdates
Come to the John Rogers playground to meet other families: Wednesday July 6th from 4:00 – 6:00pm and Sunday August 7th from 2:00 – 4:00pm.
September Start of School Dates
• Family Connection Conferences – September 7th, 8th & 9th (W, Th, F): These one-on-one 30 minute meetings are intended to welcome families to school and provide an opportunity to meet the teacher and ask questions. Your child’s teacher will contact you in late August to schedule your conference.
• First Day of Kindergarten: Monday September 12th (School starts at 7:55am)
Otter Coloring Sheet
Show your otter pride by coloring the enclosed picture and posting it in your window. As you go for walks around the neighborhood look for other signs of otter pride. Go Otters!
Ways to Stay in Touch
If you’re on Facebook, join the John Rogers PTA Facebook group to stay up to date this summer or check out their website at https://johnrogerspta.org/! You can also reach us by email which is available on the John Rogers website at https://rogerses.seattleschools.org/.
We look forward to meeting you and hope to see you at Jump Start!
Valeri McGregor, Amy Stenberg and Allison Van Doren
John Rogers Kindergarten Teachers